The Oura Ring is a ring you wear on your finger that allows you to track key components to health such as heart rate, heart rate variability, sleep, and activity. It’s popular among the circle of health optimizers and those who want to keep an eye on metrics such as sleep and heart rate variability.
Why We Think It’s Cool
- The size makes it easy to wear and keep on all day and night.
- The battery life is great.
- It’s a piece of jewelry that people that normally don’t wear jewelry might wear. It shows that you have a niche and specific interest in monitoring your health and signals to other like-minded individuals you are in the same tribe.
- Even though tracking the stages of sleep (REM, deep sleep) may not be 100% accurate, it is a good stat to help you think about the quality of your sleep on a daily basis.
- It’s personally helped me increase the quality of my sleep and its the first stat I check in the morning when I wake.
- It will get scratched up if you wear it when using barbells and dumbells and other workouts involving the pull-up rig.
- Its conspicuous. Some people don’t like that.
- It’s not what’s generally considered cheap.